Sunday, December 9, 2007

The First Step and Writing my own script....

I have decided that I will write my own script rather than waiting for someone else to do it(which is highly unlikely) and rather than allowing the script to write itself completely. I do have some power and with that power comes responsibility for myself and my actions.

The first step....the story and theme of my life is the first step. Along with the first step "powerless etc..." there is a first step in many areas. I am choosing to not wait until tomorrow, but to start today. The first step in a "clean house" means that I have to take the action in order to have a "clean house." That is where my day begins- today I am cleaning house. I want my home to be a reflection of my inner and outer self and while that is true at the moment- complete disarray and chaos...I have to power and resources to change this and so I am today and my home will be inviting and safe and warm. YAY!

The next first step in overcoming my fear of driving is to set small attainable goals in which I can succeed. No matter how small it is in the willingness and action to set them and follow through that I may eventually reach the end goal. So today in addition to a clean house...I am going to go outside and into the truck and sit in the drivers seat and turn on the ignition. I will sit there for at least 15 minutes and become comfortable with the vehicle and I will do this each day until I am able to actually move the vehicle. Maybe even next weekend I can have a friend or my stepdad take me to the parking lot and drive around there..but that is getting to far ahead..for today I will take small action and accept that it is where I am at today. I will accept that it is okay to be where I am and who I am today. I will report back on both these goals for the day. (as if people are reading this lol)

And finally my last goal for the day is to go to a meeting and stay sober- actually that is my first goal but I didn't write it till last....so it ends up at the bottom of the list.

I have already meditated this morning and prayed and so two goals are already met. Good stuff..I am sure I will do more praying and meditation throughout the day...

No comments: